Thursday, October 9, 2008

Day 1/365 - Inauguration



For the inaugural shot of my 365 Project, I decided to use a self-portrait of me being silly in front of the U.S. Capitol building in Washington, DC. My office is two blocks SW of the Capitol and although I've been working in DC for ten years now, seeing that gleaming white dome never gets old.

I've been toying with the idea of a 365 project for a while and thought I'd wait until a special occasion like New Year's Day or my birthday to start, but then I remembered that every day you're alive is a special occasion. Plus, after thinking about it I realized that today is the 14th anniversary of my honorable discharge from the Navy. I don't regret joining the Navy, but I don't regret leaving it either.

I figure my personal liberation day is definitely worth commemorating.

(Taken with my Nikon Coolpix S200)

No comments: