Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Day 62/365 - Spoon Portrait



As you can probably tell by this shot, I didn't have much time at work today to think up a cool shot to take and now that I'm home I'm tired and I just want to read for a bit and then go to bed early. So that's how I wound up standing in my kitchen and shooting a picture of myself reflected in the back of a slotted spoon for this week's self-portrait. Ta da!

Why is it that your reflection on the back of a spoon is rightside up, but your reflection on the inside of a spoon is upside down?

(Taken with my Nikon Coolpix S200)

3 comments:

Barn Mom said...

Damn good question! Why is that?

Barn Mom said...

Damn good question! Why is that?

Kevin said...

Here's what a friend of mine who is a scientist had to say on the subject when I posed the question to her:

"Blah blah laws of reflection, Fresnel equations, blah, critical angles... just call it magic."

That worked for me, so I just chalked it up to magic : )

Thanks for the visit!