Monday, March 2, 2009

Day 145/365 - Finally Home



I'm finally back home in the DC area after catching a flight from Chicago's O'Hare airport (that's it pictured above) at 6:15 this morning after the last leg of my return from vacation in Venice was cancelled last night due to weather issues. Luckily my body was still operating on Venetian time (i.e., 7 hours ahead of Central US time) so getting up pre-dawn was no big deal this morning.

I don't think I'll be booking a flight that requires me to change planes twice en route again. I only did it this time because American Airlines doesn't fly to Venice so I had to switch off to one of their code share partners for part of the trip. I didn't want to book a more direct flight through another airline and lose out on getting approximately 10,000 frequent flier miles. I think I should now have enough miles for a free flight to Europe, so it should be considerably less than five years before I make my next trip abroad.

Hmmm, where to go next? Decisions, decisions...

(Taken with my Nikon Coolpix S200)

No comments: