Thursday, April 23, 2009

Day 197/365 - Slice of Heaven



Come to think of it, that would be a pretty cool name for a pizzeria.

I took a break from getting my stuff together for my weekend jaunt up to NYC tomorrow to head over to Cafe Pizzaiola for a Neapolitan-style pizza with smoked mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, and prosciutto. Followed up, of course, with a dish of gelato. There's no indulgence like self-indulgence!

Forget ambrosia, I think pizza is truly the food of the gods. It encompasses all four food groups -- grains and cereals in the crust, dairy in the cheese, and meat and vegetables in the toppings. That has to make it the most perfect of all foods. And it's even circular, which makes it the perfect shape.

I had a friend in law school who said that pizza is like sex -- even when it's not great, it's still pretty damn good. This, however, was great.

(Taken with my Nikon Coolpix S200)

No comments: