Monday, October 20, 2008

Day 12/365 - Reflecting on Greatness



Got this shot of the Washington Monument's reflection rippling across the Tidal Basin as I walked home from work today. Politicians have been routinely badmouthing DC for over 100 years, but the city really gets a bum rap. It's actually quite a beautiful and amazing place to live and/or work (although I only do one of those within the District myself).

Never ceases to amaze me how every election cycle it's the same old thing. There are always a bunch of blowhard politicians running the District down. It's always "Washington is a mess", "Washington is what's wrong with this country," yadda yadda yadda. Yet despite the fact that these bilious buffoons loudly profess their hatred for all things DC, they sure fight like hell to be able to live and work here.

I guess it's a bit like Brer Rabbit pleading with his captors to not throw him in the briar patch. 'Pleeease don't throw me in that briar patch. Oh no, anything but that!'

(Taken with my Nikon Coolpix S200)

No comments: