Sunday, November 2, 2008

Day 25/365 - Shady Characters



Today I went to my first meet-up for the DC Social Flickr group. I've been posting photos to the DCist website's photo pool on Flickr for a few months now, and I'd noticed there was a group of photographers who contributed to that pool who all seemed to know each other and commented on each other's work. Then I discovered they were also members of another photo pool called DC Social.

At first I didn't quite understand the purpose or rules of that group, and I was a bit worried they would be an uber-cool, hipper-than-thou, exclusive clique that would frown on dilettante outsiders like me. Then I took a closer look at some of the pictures from the group's prior meet-ups and realized that 'Hey, they're mostly just a bunch of camera geeks same as me!' So I decided to go to this month's group meet-up at Rocket Bar in the Gallery Place section of Washington, DC.

I'm glad I went. They turned out to be a really laid back, welcoming, fun group of people who live, breathe, eat, drink, sleep, and dream photography. Now I'm already looking forward to next month's meet up.

(Taken with my Nikon D80)

No comments: