Saturday, November 1, 2008

Day 24/365 - Original Sin



For those who can't be bothered to pluck the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil themselves, it now comes in a handy bottled form.

We lucked into more great weather today, so this morning I rode my bike back down to Old Town Alexandria. This time though instead of just turning around and riding home, I parked my bike and walked all over the place taking loads of pictures (548 to be exact, hurray for digital photography). Old Town really has great textures, colors, shapes, and architecture to photograph. I'm going to have to do more photo safaris there.

Before hopping back on my bike and heading home, I grabbed lunch at a little bar/restaurant called Bilbo Baggins. The home-baked bread they serve there is amazing and they've got a crazy huge list of beers to choose from. I decided to be more autumnal in my choice of beverage though and opted for the Original Sin hard apple cider. It hit the spot perfectly. To go with it, I ordered the Quiche Lorraine. It was a warm, crusty, cheesy slice of edible heaven (which came in handy after my fall from Grace due to the cider).

I'm definitely going back there again.

(Taken with my Nikon D80)

No comments: