Sunday, October 26, 2008

Day 18/365 - My Badass Beach Cruisin' Bike



Too bad there isn't an actual beach anywhere nearby. This is the bike I got for Christmas a few years back. I had my family all get me gift cards for Target and then I used them to order my bike. It came in a jillion pieces in a box and I had to assemble it. That took a while. I'm not the most mechanically-inclined guy in the world. I somehow managed to put the front wheel on backward. Twice.

This morning I went for a bike ride with my friends Chris (that's his serious black bike just on the other side of my frivolous one) and Adriana. We headed down the Mt. Vernon Trail from Crystal City to just past Old Town Alexandria. I'd never been on that part of the trail before. It's very scenic and mostly level, which is good given that I hadn't taken my bike out of the closet for over a year now. I tend not to do well biking on hills.

Chris said we covered about 8.5 miles and it took us around an hour and a half. If he and Adriana had gone without me they could've done that distance in far less time, but they kept having to wait for my slowpoke butt to catch up. I'm sure my thighs are going to be killing me tomorrow, but it was worth it. I got to enjoy a nice morning, hang out with friends, see some pretty scenery, and get a bit of exercise. Not a bad way to start the day.

(Taken with my Nikon Coolpix S200)

No comments: