Sunday, November 9, 2008

Day 32/365 - Collage á Moi



Whenever I go to a peforming arts production, museum, zoo, sporting event, or historic building, I save my ticket stub and program or brochure and then I make collages out of them. This is seriously nerdy arts and crafts type stuff, but I enjoy it and it gives me a free souvenir. I don't have to buy a t-shirt, mug, or fancy booklet and I wind up with a cool memento of the places I've gone and the things I've seen.

This is my 16th collage. I used to hang them all up on my walls. Now though I've got so many of them that they would monopolize all the wall space in my apartment, so I just hang up the current collage. The others are all stacked up in my closet. I've got them going back to 1994, so I guess this was an early form of 365 Project for me. The current collage covers stuff I did from February 18th to September 6th of this year and encompasses things I went to in DC, as well as trips to Las Vegas, San Diego, Charlottesville, Branson, Dodge City, and Kansas City.

This collage is all full now and I need to get started on a new one. I've already got a stack of tickets and programs sitting on my desk that I need to get glued to a new posterboard.

(Taken with my Nikon D80)

No comments: