Sunday, November 16, 2008

Day 39/365 - Phoebe



This is Phoebe, my pet philodendron. She's named after the character on 'Friends.' I have another one in my office that is named Daphne, after the character on 'Frasier." Philodendrons seem to be the only type of plant my brown thumb and I don't manage to kill off. I've tried my luck with a fern, cactus, bamboo plant, and ivy and none of them lasted very long in my less than stellar care. I even managed to murder my friend Desiree's plant that she had me look after while she was on vacation for a week.

I've had Phoebe for 14 years now. When I first got her she was just four little leaves in the middle of a big pot of dirt. And that's how she stayed for the first year. She didn't start growing until I hauled her off to law school with me and then she really took off. Now she has lots of leaves and long vines that are wrapped all around the legs of the barstool her pot sits on.

So unless you want your plant to die, or unless it's a philodendron, don't let me anywhere near it.

(Taken with my Nikon D80)

No comments: