Monday, December 1, 2008

Day 54/365 - It's Christmas Time, There's No Need to Be Afraid



These are the little Christmas trees in front of the U.S. Botanic Garden Conservatory at the base of Capitol Hill in Washington, DC. I spun my camera around on my finger while the shot was exposing just to see how it would turn out. I think it came out pretty cool.

Now that Thanksgiving has passed and December is here, it's no longer too early to start thinking about Christmas. Tonight 'How The Grinch Stole Christmas' (the excellent cartoon version, not the crappy movie version) is on tv and Wednesday they're going to be showing 'Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer' and for the first time ever it will be in HD. I'm pretty stoked about that.

While we're on the subject of Christmas, I'm prepared to argue ad infinitum that there are only three acceptable Rock & Roll Christmas carols -- "Do They Know It's Christmas" by Band Aid, "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee, and "All I Want for Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey (which is still one of the only songs that will get me to dancing in the shower whenever it comes on the radio).

(Taken with my Nikon Coolpix S200)

3 comments:

Meeg said...

Those are 3 of my favorite Christmas songs too.

Kevin said...

It was tough for me to rule out the Pogues' "Fairy Tale of New York" and Elvis' "Santa Claus is Back in Town," but both of those songs are really only tangentially about Christmas.

Meeg said...

I love Fairy Tale of NY too, but it's not really rock so it doesn't ruin your theory.