Saturday, December 6, 2008

Day 59/365 - Go Navy, Beat Army!



I took the train up to Philadelphia today to watch Navy's football team put a 34-0 whuppin' on Army in the 109th playing of the Army-Navy Game. This marks Navy's seventh straight victory over their arch-rival. I was actually worried that this might be the year Army took one from Navy. Army had been playing better this season and Navy had been up and down. I should've had more faith in the Midshipmen.

Unless you're a Navy fan like me, it probably wasn't a very interesting game given that Army never really even came that close to scoring. I thought it was great, though. The weather was cold but the end result made it all worth it.

Now if the Navy basketball team can just beat Virginia Tech tomorrow the weekend will be doubly awesome.

(Taken with my Nikon D80)

3 comments:

Meeg said...

Nice. I went to HS near West Point and I can remember going to see the Army Navy hockey game.

Kevin said...

From what I've heard, that's a really pretty part of NY state, albeit a bit remote. I'm guessing it gets cold there, too.

Meeg said...

Oh yeah. We usually got colder weather and more snow than the city. I remember listening to the radio, hoping for a snow day.