Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day 105/365 - Hosanna in the Highest



Glory hallelujah, my internet access has been restored! The internet in my apartment has been out for a week. For seven straight days the little green light on the far right in the picure of my modem above had been blinking and mocking me with the fact that I had no DSL signal. I didn't get around to reporting it until Friday afternoon, and with the extended holiday weekend the earliest they could send a technician around to look into it was this morning.

Not having internet access sucks. It's like there's a big party going on somewhere and you're not invited. There's an internet cafe in the lobby of my apartment building so I was able to check my email periodically and I lugged my laptop over to the Sports Pub and Starbucks a couple times just to get my fix. It's just not the same though as being able to hop on the net whenever you want.

The Verizon guy came by around 11 this morning. He was really cool and honest. He couldn't figure out what exactly was wrong because everything was doing what it was supposed to be doing, so he went ahead and changed out some wires leading up to my apartment just so he could feel like he was doing something, even though he didn't think that was really the problem. Whatever he did, it was enough to propitiate and placate the spirits of the internet and now I have my connection back. Hurray, I can upload photos and update my blog at will.

It's good to be back in the 21st century again.

(Taken with my Nikon Coolpix S200)

No comments: