Friday, February 6, 2009

Day 121/365 - My New Digs



Today I finished hanging the last few pictures on the walls of my new office. After being there for ten years, I finally managed to finagle myself a window office. The guy who had the office before me moved to a different floor and although he is a really nice guy, he's a total grubby, packrat slob.

I let the office sit empty and air out for a few weeks once he hauled all his stuff out. Plus I made them swap out his desk for mine. I didn't want his grimy furniture. The final step in the decontamination process came earlier this week when I bought a bottle of pine sol, scrubbing sponges, and rubber gloves and used one of our trash bins as a bucket while I scrubbed the mysterious stains and caked-on gunk off the walls, door, lightswitch, and doorhandle.

Now at last everything is in place and I can enjoy my new space. There's not much of a view given that I'm on the atrium, but I don't really care about that. I'm just thrilled to have some natural light instead of toiling in a flourescent zombie cave. Plus I love the little nook with the table and chairs where I can sit while I eat lunch, read, and listen to music playing from my computer speakers.

It was a lot of work getting the office fit for human habitation again, but it was worth it.

(Taken with my Nikon Coolpix S200)

No comments: