Friday, June 12, 2009

Day 247/365 - At the Eye Doctor



"Which is better, 1 or 2? 3 or 4?"

Had my annual visit to the eye doctor today. Thankfully my eyes haven't gotten any worse. Last year was the first time she had to up my prescription in the 9 years I've been going to her to get checked out. I sorta wish she'd get some new eye charts, though. At this point even if I couldn't see it I'd know that the smallest line read "E V O T Z." Guess lying about that would kind of defeat the point though.

I was curious so I asked her once what she did with people who were illiterate and she said she has charts with pictures of objects on them instead of letters for people who can't read, recent immigrants from places that don't use the Phoenician Alphabet, and kids who don't know their ABCs yet. Another of life's imponderable mysteries solved.

I want to get some new glasses this year, so any recommendations for Metro-accessible places with cool frames in the DC area would be much appreciated. Thanks!

(Taken with my Nikon Coolpix S200)

No comments: