Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 257/365 - Merry-Go-Nowhere



Not much to say about today's shot. The weather tonight was halfway decent, so I carpe diem'd the opportunity to walk home from work. This is the carousel on the Mall. My path home takes me right by it and when I saw that some of the horses were roped off with caution tape I thought I'd take a shot of it.

Don't know why they are in quarantine. Did they catch the swine flu? Were they getting rowdy and biting the kiddies? Were they laid off due to the economic slowdown? Odds are that it is the much more prosaic answer that they were just in need of a repair job.

I love merry-go-rounds. I don't think you're ever too old to ride them. I just wish they still had brass rings like they did way back in the day.

(Taken with my Nikon Coolpix S200)

No comments: