Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day 258/365 - SpongeBob Squarepopsicle



I've seen these SpongeBob ice cream treats at the vendor carts around the National Mall for a while and today I finally splurged and bought one when I was out for a lunchtime stroll. Turns out they aren't very good. First, the manufacturing process seems like it could use a few quality control tweaks because SpongeBob looks a bit mutated. Second, they don't taste like anything recognizable. Third, they melt almost instantaneously.

I had to drop mine in the garbage when I was only about halfway done because it was rapidly reverting to a liquid state and dribbling on my pants. I didn't really mind dumping it, though, given the drab taste. I would have liked to have found out what flavor the gumball eyes are, however. Assuming they actually had one. I should've gone with one of my childhood favorites instead -- either the orange push-up pop or the strawberry shortcake bar. They never disappoint.

That's one SpongeBob treat checked off anyhow. Now if I could just find myself a crabby patty somewhere.

(Taken with my Nikon Coolpix S200)

No comments: