Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 343/365 - Big Bowl of Comfort



My sinuses were still all 'swolled' up today so I stayed home from work again. I decided to make the most of it though by fixing myself a big bowl of chocolate Malt O' Meal for breakfast. Malt O' Meal is a Cream of Wheat type thing that they don't seem to sell on the east coast, so whenever I head home to the midwest I make sure I buy a box to smuggle back with me in my luggage.

I've loved the chocolate variety ever since I was a kid. My mom would get up every morning to fix a hot breakfast for my sisters, my brother and I before we went off to school and one of my favorite of the things she'd make for us was chocolate Malt O'Meal. Even today, when I am well past childhood, eating a bowl of it still makes me feel snug, and comfy, and loved.

(Taken with my Nikon D90)

No comments: