Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Day 6/365 - Made Over



My friend Desiree decided I needed a fashion makeover (she said my fashion sense was stuck in 1989), so tonight we went to Macy’s and Old Navy and I got 4 pairs of pants, a belt, two sweaters, a light jacket, and 4 shirts. And then after the stores closed we went to the Gap online and ordered me two pairs of jeans and three more shirts.

I only decided to get about half of the things she tried to get me to buy, but that was still a pretty major departure for me. I’m generally pretty stubborn and set in my ways. The stuff she picked out that I did wind up buying though looked fairly good on me, and they were things that I never would’ve even considered buying if I’d been shopping on my own.

We’ll see if this makeover is enough to catapult me kicking and screaming from the 80s into the 2000s (although I'm still not really sure about the dark jeans). This will be the first time I've worn corduroy pants since I was in the second grade. Turns out that the stuff I wore when I was in grade school is now the height of fashion. Who knew?

(Taken with my Nikon Coolpix S200)

1 comment:

DLC said...

Hurray for shopping. You are going to look sooo good.