Thursday, October 16, 2008

Day 8/365 - Autumn Has Fallen



Autumn has definitely arrived in Washington, DC. I went for a walk on the National Mall at lunch today and noticed this tree near the National Museum of the American Indian that was ablaze with color. I love Autumn. It's definitely my favorite time of year. There's always so much new and exciting change going on in Autumn, even more so than in Spring I think.

For me, Fall always marked the start of the new school year with the attendant shopping for new clothes and supplies, the start of football season, the start of the new tv season, and the build-up to Halloween and Thanksgiving (two of my favorite holidays). Plus I love the cooler weather and being able to wear jackets and sweatshirts again. Fall brings apple cider and pumpkin pies and trees dressed in technicolor dreamcoats -- leaves fluttering through the air like feathers and rustling as they blow across the sidewalks and streets.

Although I did really hate having to rake leaves as a kid, so Autumn has that going against it. Now that I live in an apartment building though, I don't have to worry about that anymore. It's all good!

(Taken with my Nikon Coolpix S200)

No comments: