Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Day 167/365 - Kickball!



I have officially leapt over the precipice into the yawning chasm of geekdom -- I joined an adult kickball league. I'll be playing in the Washington Monument division of the DC chapter of the World Adult Kickball Association. We play our games near the Washington Monument (duh) on Sundays starting the first week of next month. My friend Adriana and I signed up together so we could get placed on the same team. That way neither of us had to be the 'new kid' on our own.

It should be fun. I figure it will get me outdoors and get me some exercise if nothing else, plus I'll get to meet new people to drink beer with. Every division has a designated after-game bar to hang out in. Ours is the Exchange over by the White House. Given that I haven't played kickball since I was in the sixth grade, it's a near certainty I'll be terrible at it so hopefully my teammates won't take kickball uber-seriously. I mean, it is kickball after all.

The woman in charge of our division said there are still plenty of openings, so if you've ever considered making a fool of yourself in front of a bunch of tourists now is the time to sign up. And we've even got one spot still left on my team if you're interested!

(Taken with my Nikon Coolpix S200)

2 comments:

Joelogon said...

You'll have fun. Remember: 30-45 minutes of light to moderate physical activity, followed by 3-4 hours of heavy drinking. Plus, you DC folk can play flipcup, too.

Kevin said...

Excellent advice, thanks!