Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Day 168,365 - Oh No, It's Godzilla!



As you may be able to surmise from today's photo, my cable is still out so I continue having to find ways to amuse myself. For this shot I used one of my white dress shirts as a backdrop and then set my stuffed Godzilla on it and took a photo. You can't tell it from this shot, but if you press his chest his eyes light up red and he makes the Godzilla sound. It's totally cool!

For the illustrations, I used Microsoft Paint. This is the sort of drawing I used to do all the time in grade school, although then I'd draw the Godzilla as well. I loved the old Japanese monster movies when I was a kid. You could usually skip the first hour of them because that was mostly just talking. The second hour was when the good stuff happened -- monster on monster fights; tanks, jets and rockets firing (always to no effect); and cities being laid waste.

I think my favorite movies were "Godzilla vs. King Kong" and "Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster." Ooh, and I almost forgot Mechagodzilla. Godzilla + Robot = Awesome!

(Taken with my Nikon Coolpix S200)

No comments: