Sunday, May 3, 2009

Day 207/365 - Rainy Day Self Portrait



This week's self-portrait is me out in the rain on my way home from a late breakfast. It's been raining all morning and the forecast is for it to keep raining all day. Not hard, but steady. As a result, my team's kickball game was cancelled and we'll have to make it up as a doubleheader later in the season. They almost won the game I missed last week due to my trip up to NYC. They only lost 2-3. That's a big improvement over the results of our prior two games.

I don't really mind rainy days. They're perfect for staying inside and reading and watching tv or going to a museum or the movies. Plus you get to stomp in puddles! That's the best. It's like Mother Nature's equivalent of popping bubble wrap. After years of study into the subject, I've discovered that the trick is to do it with one foot while you draw the other one up out of the way. That way you burst the puddle but don't get much water on yourself. The worst approach is to jump in with both feet. Then the water shoots up between your legs and soaks your pants.

And definitely avoid muddy puddles. It's okay when you're a kid and your mom gets stuck having to clean up the mess afterward, but it pretty much sucks as an adult.

(Taken with my Nikon Coolpix S200)

No comments: