Sunday, June 14, 2009

Day 249/365 - Ballin'



We had our last regular season kickball game today and we lost as usual. The round of jello shooters we did before the game didn't help us play any better, but the round we did after the game made us feel a little better anyhow. This was the first game I'd been able to make in quite a while. My team did manage to win two of the games I missed -- one by forfeit and one legitimate victory -- so at least we didn't go all season without a win.

We stepped it up at the bar after the game though and were the flip cup all-stars. We were so good at it we started inventing variations on flip cup to keep ourselves challenged. I think the funniest one we did was "drink, spin around, do an '80s dance move, and then flip your cup." That was the highest of low comedy. One guy even dropped down on the floor and did the worm. I lost track of how many pitchers of beer we went through. I think we must have drunk enough beer tonight to float a battleship.

Our next game will be in the division championship tournament two weekends from now. In that one, you play until you lose. In our case, that shouldn't take long. We've already christened ourselves the "one and done" crew. Don't think I'll stay as long at the post-game happy hour next time, though. I'm definitely getting too old for those kinds of shenanigans.

(Taken with my Nikon D90)

No comments: