Saturday, June 20, 2009

Day 255/365 - Some Dim Sum



Met up with some old friends for a dim sum lunch today. We all started work at the agency at around the same time and they put us all together in a single room in the basement. We were only supposed to be there for a couple months while they built out a new suite of offices, but it wound up taking just over a year for the new space to be ready.

We got to be pretty tight during that year. We went out for a lot of happy hours and went a bunch of other places together. In the ten (OMG, ten!) years since we all met though, two of us have gotten married and had kids, one left to work at the FBI, and one moved on to become district counsel in Baltimore -- so we don't see each other much anymore.

Once a year we try to get together for lunch somewhere and this year it was dim sum at Good Fortune in Rockville. It was yummy and I ate loads, though I couldn't tell you what half of the dishes I ate were. I can tell you that I'm not a big fan of the turnip cake, however. It tastes pretty much like it sounds.

(Taken with my Nikon Coolpix S200)

No comments: