Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 252/365 - In the Bag



I shamelessly stole this idea from Mr. T. in DC, but here are the current contents of the bag I take with me to work everyday:

-- Eagle Creek Vagabond series bag
-- Let's Go! map/guide of Washington, DC
-- Tide stain pen (I tend to be a messy eater)
-- Blue ink pen
-- Mini Mag Lite
-- "Old Man"-style change holder (my Grandpa always carried one of these)
-- Flashing red light (for when I walk home after dark along the Mt. Vernon Trail and don't want to get run over by cyclists)
-- 80 GB iPod Classic with hard shell case and Bose earbuds (got 'em free by using my debit card points)
-- Box of matches (I don't smoke, but you never know when they might come in handy)
-- Washington Nationals pocket schedule
-- Blistex lip balm
-- Listerine strips
-- "Peter the Brazen" book by George F. Worts (collection of old pulp magazine stories from the 1920s about the adventures of a wireless telegraph operator serving onboard a variety of steamships sailing to the Far East)
-- Cheap sunglasses I bought at CVS (I lose/break/scratch them far too frequently to spend much on sunglasses)
-- Steno pad (never know when you might want to write something down)
-- Keys and Washington Nationals keychain
-- Wrigleys Extra peppermint gum (I'm addicted)
-- Ricola cough drops
-- Anacin tin holding Excedrin aspirin
-- DayQuil cold medicine
-- Alavert allergy medicine
-- Nokia cellphone
-- Today's necktie in case I had to go to a meeting (I didn't, thankfully)
-- Reusable water bottle
-- Nikon Coolpix S200
-- 4 GB USB drive
-- Engraved business card case (gift from one of my sisters on the occasion of my being admitted to the Bar)
-- ESPNZone MVP card
-- Hand sanitizer
-- Harris Teeter, CVS, and Borders membership cards on a key ring

And that's what I lugged with me to and from the office today.

(Taken with my Nikon D90)

No comments: