Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day 277/365 - Lotus Blossom Morning



This morning I caught the subway out to Deanwood and went to the Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens. I was glad I'd checked the website because that's how I found out that you have to go early in the day before the temperature climbs too high and the blossoms close up. I'd have been annoyed if I'd gone all the way out there just to see a bunch of flowers that weren't flowering.

I'd seen other people's photos of the garden on Flickr and I thought it was high time I went to see it for myself. It's a really lovely garden. There are lots of marshy pools with water lilies and lotus blossoms growing in them and trails running between them packed with amateur photographers. Some of them had some really fancy (i.e., expensive) gear, but I think I did okay with my D90 and 18-200mm zoom. This is the kind of place though that makes me really wish I had a macro lens. That's next on my camera equipment wish list.

(Taken with my D90)

No comments: