Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 328/365 - Scrabbleccino



For a change I actually got to play Scrabble against a human being tonight instead of jousting with my PC/iPod/iPhone. Erin M and I met up at Peregrine, a locally-owned coffeehouse in the Eastern Market section of Washington, DC, for coffee, pastry, and a rousing game of Scrabble. Although it verged on being a bit chilly by the time the game wrapped up, we sat outside on the patio and enjoyed the 'false fall' weather. We both suspect that DC is due for at least one more bout of hot, muggy, and nasty weather before we move into real fall.

It was a well-played contest. She started out ahead, but I slowly chipped away at her lead and edged into the front and then just as I was starting to anticipate a victory, she stormed back to the fore with a brilliant jowly/curry combo that made double use of a "Y" on a triple letter score spot and ran through a double word score space to boot. There was just no coming back from that. She wound up winning 309-300.

Rematch!

(Taken with my Nikon Coolpix S200)

No comments: