Thursday, September 3, 2009

Day 330/365 - Good Stuff



I met up with Jenn and Erin for lunch at Good Stuff Eatery on Capitol Hill today. Good Stuff is a gourmet burger joint owned by "Top Chef" alumnus Spike Mendelsohn. We'd planned on lunching at Sonoma, but it turned out they were closed for the week (?!) so we fell back on Good Stuff.

Erin and Jenn were nice enough to wait for me, even though I was 15 minutes late (sorry!) due entirely to poor planning on my part (I didn't think the line at the bank would move that slooooooooowly). I hate being late. It's just rude and inconsiderate.

I'd been to Good Stuff a couple times before and had tried their patty melt and a bbq bacon cheeseburger. Both were yummy. This time I opted for the turkey burger with a dollop of old bay mayo, a small order of rosemary fries, and a strawberry shake. Yum on all counts. (Note for next time, try the toasted marshmallow shake)

The company today was even better than the food. The three of us held forth on such varied subjects of discourse as the inanity of "Twilight" and its fans, the fact that Nicholas Sparks is just plain mean, Jenn's decade long sabbatical from eating pork (which she'd broken just in time to get bacon on her burger today), melon soup, and the blasphemous heathens who are the new owners of Julia Child's old house in Massachussetts.

Good stuff, indeed.

(Taken with my Nikon Coolpix S200)

No comments: