Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 180/365 - High Brow/Low Brow



Today was a pretty apt summation of my random and eclectic interests. This afternoon, I attended a rehearsal of the Simon Bolivar Youth Orchestra of Venezuela in preparation for their concert tonight at the Kennedy Center. Then tonight, I met my friend Chris at the theater in Georgetown to see the new "Fast & Furious" movie. Both were entertaining in their own way.

The Youth Orchestra was excellent. The kids were very skilled, talented, and energetic and the conductor was so lively it looked like he was dancing at the podium. The movie was escapist fun. It's essentially a two-hour long adolescent male fantasy of fights, guns, good buddies, fast cars, and hot women.

It's good to be well-rounded.

(Taken with my Nikon Coolpix S200 and processed using Microsoft Publisher)

No comments: