Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Day 181/365 - Big Change



This is a close-up of the change dish sitting on my dresser. I need to take all this change to the grocery store and dump it in the coinstar machine and convert it into real money. You'll notice there are no pennies here. That's because I throw pennies away.

People always look aghast when I tell them that. I just don't see the point in holding on to pennies. It's not worth the effort. Whenever I get pennies back from a purchase, I dump them in the trash. I've been doing that since I was in high school.

Hanging on to pennies is more trouble than it's worth. You save them up for years and put them in a big jar or something and after all that time what do you have -- a few bucks. Ehh. The return isn't worth the hassle.

(Taken with my Nikon Coolpix S200)

No comments: