Thursday, April 9, 2009

Day 183/365 - Halfway Home



For this week's self-portrait we have me standing in the middle of the George Mason Memorial Bridge (aka the 14th St. Bridge) that links Virginia to DC. Not only am I in the middle of the bridge and the middle of the Potomac River here, this is also the midpoint on my walk home from work. It's 50 minutes from my office to this point, and another 50 minutes from this point to my apartment.

This seemed like the perfect spot for today's shot given that this marks the midway point in my 365 project. I've got 182 days behind me and another 182 days ahead of me. I never thought I'd make it this far. My guess was that I'd quit the 'photo a day' thing after about a month. I'm glad I decided to do a 365 project, but I'll also be glad when it's over. It's gotten to be a bit of a grind.

Some people go on to do a second and third year. Not me. It'll be nice to be able to go back to taking a photo when I feel like it rather than having to do a shot each and every day. I may do a second 365 project 5 or 10 years down the road, but I don't see myself doing another one any sooner than that.

(Taken with my Nikon Coolpix S200)

No comments: