Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 271/365 - Pedalboat Pier



This is the pedalboat pier across the Tidal Basin from the Jefferson Memorial in Washington, DC. I guess it's DC's version of the Molo in Venice. I pass by it whenever I walk home from work, like I did tonight. I've never gone out on the Tidal Basin in one of these pedalboats, although I really want to. It's a very touristy thing to do, but I don't care. I still think it would be fun. Next time someone comes into town for a visit I'm going to have to try and talk them into going out in a pedalboat with me.

As far as I can recall, I've only been in a pedalboat once before. My mom and I went out in one on some lake when I was a kid. Going out into the lake was fun, but I remember getting back to the dock took forever and left us exhausted. Another thing I really want to do in DC that is equally touristy is go for a tour on one of the duck amphibious vehicles. I've tried talking one of my friends into going on the tour with me, but so far no dice. That's another thing I may have to wait on doing until someone comes for a visit.

(Taken with my Nikon Coolpix S200)

No comments: