Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 273/365 - What's in a Name?



That which we call toes by any other name would still smell like feet...

Hmm, perhaps I need to brush up my Shakespeare. This wooden carving of my name may well be the oldest thing I ever bought that I still possess. I got it at a tourist trap replica of an old wooden fort in Golden, Colorado when I was in elementary school. We have a cousin who works at the Coors Brewery in Golden and we used to go out there every summer to see him and to go camping.

I loved the fort place, although I can't remember what it was called. It was mostly just shops selling trinkets, but they did have a dinosaur ride that I liked a lot. Most of the things I've bought over the course of my life have been lost, broken, or given or thrown away. It's a wonder that this is still in one piece.

(Taken with my Nikon D90)

No comments: